Here are 6 cookie trends this holiday season that I’ve noticed from perusing the web.
1. Chocolate and orange. What a great combination and they come together perfectly in this cookie, Candied Orange Peel & Chocolate Chunk Cookies by Goodies a Volonte.
2. Jazzed-up snickerdoodles. Snickerdoodles are a classic cookie, but this season they are being jazzed-up with brown butter, sea salt and caramel. Try this delicious version–Toffee Speckled Snickerdoodles by Very Culinary.
3. Oreos. Another Christmas trend is using Oreo cookies to create another yummy cookie like these Chocolate Peppermint & Oreo Cookies by Mandy’s Recipe Box.
4. Peanut butter. Classic peanut butter cookies get a holiday twist with Peanut Butter Molasses Cookies by Chocolate Moosey.
5. Creative cutouts like these Highland Christmas Cookies from Outlander Kitchen.
6. Meringues–Adorable shapes with meringue like these Christmas Tree Meringues from Crumbs + Corkscrews.