Here’s my roundup of St. Patrick’s Day recipes.
1. Mint and chocolate fudge Oreo bars from Averie Cooks–easy to make, almost no-bake!
photo from Averie Cooks
2. Shamrock pudding shots from That’s So Michelle–pudding for the adults!
photo from That’s So Michelle
3. Lucky leprechaun dip from Healthy. Happy. Life.–vegan!
photo used with permission of Healthy. Happy. Life.
4. Slow-cooker corned beef and cabbage from Very Culinary–go to the parade while this cooks!
photo used with permission of Very Culinary
5. Mini no-bake Irish cream cheesecake from Being the Secret Ingredient–gluten-free!
photo used with permission of Being the Secret Ingredient
Posted in Chocolate, Holiday
Tagged cheesecake, chocolate, corned beef, dip, Irish cream, leprechaun, pudding, shamrock, shots, slow-cooker, St. Patrick's Day, St. Patty's Day
It’s time for drinkin’ of the green! The elusive Shamrock Shake at McDonald’s is not a myth. It exists, and I got one at the Hell’s Kitchen location on 9th Avenue and 50th Street. It’s a combination of lime and mint.
Argo Tea, with many locations in the city, is serving an Irish Cream Tea Latte for the season. Although it’s not green, it tastes great.
This year, there are some new and old holiday spirits to put you in the holiday spirit.
The American classic, Laird and Company applejack and apple brandy. Laird and Company is the oldest family-owned distillery in the United States, dating back to 1780. Laird and Company has some good dessert recipes on its site, including Martha Washington’s applejack walnut cake and a yummy-sounding applejack pound cake.
Bailey’s Irish cream is a favorite of mine to spike my holiday coffee. This year, the company has a new version–hazelnut.
And Kahlua has peppermint mocha and cinnamon spice flavors that sound very festive!