Every season in New York City has its unique flair. But Christmas is definitely the most exhilarating. The crisp chill in the air. The sparkling lights and holiday decor. If you’ve never been, you must visit NYC just once during this time of year. The things on this list are my favorites–especially the store windows, decor and markets.
1. Department store windows–The major department stores have different displays every year and it’s always fun to see. Check out Macy’s, Saks, Bloomingdale’s, Lord & Taylor, Barney’s, Bergdorf Goodman
2. Rockefeller Center tree and skating
Bryant Park skating rink
3. Bryant Park Christmas market and skating rink
4. Union Square Christmas market
5. Columbus Circle Christmas market
6. Rockettes Christmas show at Radio City Music Hall
7. Neapolitan creche at the Metropolitan Museum of Art
8. Holiday train show at the New York Botanical Garden
9. Empire State Building lights–LED light show
10. Strolling through Midtown to see the decorations like the Cartier building dressed as a package and the tree at the New York Palace hotel
11. Origami tree at the American Museum of Natural History
12. Dinner at the much-decorated Rolf’s German restaurant
13. Holiday decorations in the Dyker Heights neighborhood of Brooklyn
14. Gingerbread Extravaganza at Le Parker Meridien
15. Gingerbread Lane at New York Hall of Science
Posted in Holiday, New York
Tagged Christmas, Christmas tree, creche, Empire State Building, gingerbread, holiday, New York, New York City, Radio City, Rockefeller Center, Rockettes
I’m not a coffee drinker, but I do like decaf tea. I saw these recipes for homemade coffee creamers in fall flavors, and I decided to try them. I made the pumpkin and gingerbread, and they are really good. I like the pumpkin better, but the gingerbread is the perfect mix of ingredients because it tastes just like gingerbread. With the pumpkin, I would say to shake it well before each use because the pumpkin can settle to the bottom. I made them with half and half and also with milk, and both versions are good.
My mom loves this upside-down apple gingerbread cake. I got the recipe from All You magazine. Great holiday recipe for the season!
upside-down apple gingerbread