OMG Crumbnuts are here! screams the sign outside a Crumbs store in Midtown. I’m not sure if Crumbs was preparing for a long line outside to rival the line at Dominique Ansel’s bakery, but there were plenty of crumbnuts on the shelf at 2 p.m. in the afternoon. There are three varieties available of crumbnuts: plain, powdered sugar and Bavarian cream. I opted for powdered sugar, although I can tell you the Bavarian cream looked like the most popular, as it was nearly out.
Maybe I should’ve gotten the Bavarian because the outside of this one was a bit hard, as if it were getting stale. The inside had more give and tasted fresher.
It tasted like a grocery store doughnut that’s very airy. It’s not very impressive. I’d opt for the cupcakes at Crumbs. They have some great-looking ones for the season like pumpkin and apple. They also have some Italian-bakery-inspired cupcakes like cannoli and rainbow cookie with a mini cannoli and mini rainbow cookie on top. I am curious to try the Cronut from Dominique Ansel, but I just can’t get myself to get up that early and really can’t wait in line that long.
Get your free Crumbs cupcake until April 30, 2013.
I got some St. Patrick’s Day goodies from Crumbs. This is a mini cupcake sampler of the store’s St. Patrick’s Day cupcakes.
I also got a green St. Patrick’s Day whoopie pie and push-up pop.
If you’re snowed in today, how about online shopping for your Valentine? Whether you want to go with tradition or try something different, this list of the top 10 Valentine’s Day gifts will get your sweetheart swooning.
1. Chocolate Lipstick from Jacques Torres–What’s a better accessory for your purse than chocolate lipstick?
photo used with permission
2. Rocq heart-shaped macaroons from Williams Sonoma–Perfect for your Francophile sweetie.
3. Heart-shaped strawberry milk chocolate biscuits from Godiva–Take your Valentine to tea and bring along these biscuits!
4. Valentine Signature Collection cupcakes from Crumbs–For your sweetheart with a sweet tooth.
5. Conversation-Heart Cookie Cutters from Sur La Table–Let your sweetie know how you feel!
6. He Loves Me Flower from Dominique Ansel–Play the old game of “he loves me, he loves me not” with a white chocolate flower.
photo used with permission
7. Hot & Spicy Truffles from Francois Payard–Have a hot and spicy Valentine’s Day!
8. Love Letter Napkins from Uncommon Goods–Set the table with loving thoughts from famous writers like Emily Dickinson or Mark Twain.
9. Heart-shaped chocolate box filled with solid chocolate hearts from Martine’s Chocolates–Nothing says “I love you” like a traditional chocolate heart.
10. Heart-shaped box of chocolate soap from AJSweetSoap–Perfect for the calorie-counting sweetheart!
Posted in Gift, Holiday
Tagged AJSweetSoap, Crumbs, Dominique Ansel, Francois Payard, gift, gift guide, Godiva, heart, Jacques Torres, Martine's, Sur La Table, top 10, top ten, Uncommon Goods, Valentine, Valentine's Day, Williams Sonoma